.

Friday night I had a go at the Crossfit Total. At the start of the session I wasn't. But it is just how things went.

Squats: I started off just do sets of 5 until I said stuff it put 170 on the bar. And to be honest the lift felt quite easy like I had a lot more in me. I have not done much squatting lately so I left it there.

Press: This is when the idea for doing the CFT came from. I was feeling strong in the shoulders and went for singles. 80 was quite easy, I went for the 90 but no luck. I then went back to 82.5 to beet Doug's previous days effort but unfortunately the 90 burnt me out.

Deadlift: this is were It all fell apart, 170kg was not easy but comfortable. I knew I had to pull a 190kg to equal Doug's last total, so I put that on the bar and gave it ago. Unfortunately it only moved an inch before I dropped it. As with the press when I lowed the wait back down I still could not lift. Nothing left in the tank. Next time.

The worry was that I almost blanked out after the 180kg attempt. I wonder if my high blood pressure has anything to do with my inability to DL. It has to be something like that, or there is a mental barrier there. Anthony (who pulled 2.25x his weight) said that I wasn't set up properly. Next time I lift I will have him give me some pointers.

Overall I beet my last total even thought my squat was 17.5kg under my previous max. So I should be happy with the 420kg. But i am not, screw you Chuck Norris and screw you Doug V. :)

Next time I am going to break the 1000lb barrier.

0 comments:

Post a Comment