Now that Hurt

This morning I did something stupid, more on that later.

Last nights 3x5 went well. I actually deviated off the schedules and did some heavy sets of 3 and some singles. This weekend we are doing out totals again so I wanted to work out some niggles plus work out what my first attempt weight should be. We have been a little bit relaxed on rules with the CFT but this weekend we will be sticking to the guidelines as written by Rippetoe. One of the things that we have been relaxed on is multiple attempts and depth on the squat so i am hoping i beat my last total squat at 180kg.

Squats: I worked all the way up from 80kg to 140kg in sets of 3 really working on the bounce. I then went up in 10kg increments of singles finishing at 170kg. I was very happy with my final lift and according to my partner easily broke parallel.

Press: Took a similar approach as with the squats. Best lift was 75kg. I tried 80kg but no luck. I believe my last total was 65kg so this is a great improvement. I have lifted 80kg before and I am hoping to get that out on Sunday.

Deadlift: By this time I was pretty stuffed. The over all workout took 2 hours and by the time we got to Deadlift I had nothing left. My girl friend hit her new PR with a lift of 120kg. I struggled with a single at 150kg. She is catching up fast :0 I hit 160kg last time and even if I hit 165kg on Sunday i will be happy.

Now for this morning, I was doing some work on my Clean and Jerk which consisted of rack pulls, hang pulls, that kind of thing. When working on just the push jerk is when I did something really stupid, I hit my self in the jaw with the bar. I was concentrating so much on what my legs were doing i drove the bar straight up into the jaw. I managed to bite my tongue and chip a tooth. Definitely not one of my brightest moves. To add salt to the wound, later when encouraging another girl in the gym to use her legs more in the jerk I smashed my head on the open garage door. yep, it was just one of those days.

Now to prove that I am not the only idiot I have included this video. I was origanaly looking for a video of some one doing the same stupid thing as me but apparently no one else is that silly. If any body finds one please post it in the notes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment