DNF


What does DNF stand for? Did Not Find? Do Not Forget? Do Not Forward? Defence Nuclear Facilities? No, it doesn't mean any of these. What is does stand for is Did Not Finish, or in plain English, I am a big girls blouse. (you can see my new passport photo right of screen)

Yesterday we did our totals. I was quite psyched about doing the lifts after my performance on Wednesday night. Though I did not really feel that strong I was well rested and ready to go.

Squats: My warm up lifts went quite well. Feeling quite confident. My first lift was 182.5kg, I just wanted to beat my last CFT squat even if it was by 2.5kg. Unfortunately I failed my first lift, watching the video I appear to have trouble balancing the bar and the left side traveled forward. My Second lift was much better and successful. On the third lift I set the bar to 190kg. I really did think I had it in me. It was a hot day and I had chalked but remember the bar being a little sweaty. It really felt good bringing the bar out of the rack. But when I started the lift I just kept going down. My feelings at the time was that I had it but just let the bar slip. Looking at the video tells a slightly different story. It actually looks like my body new it was to heavy and just let it go. Who is to say? But either way I did beat my last lift but also paid a price.

The same as when I had to dump a 150kg squat the was a lot of pain in my fore arms, but this time it was in both. It was just as intense and honestly it felt just as bad as when I have broken an arm. The pain went a way with time but affected my lifts for the rest of the day as I could not grip the bar.

Press: As I said before my ability to grip had been greatly reduced. When pressing I find it helpful to feel like I am punching the bar up wards, with my diminished grip I found this impossible to imagine. I successful lifted 75kg, 10 more than my last total but not as much as I have lifted recently. I was very disappointed .

Deadlift: I was running behind the group when we got to deadlifts. I can blame my bad performance on a lot of things, lack of warm up, my inability to grip but in the end I just don't think I have the heart for it. I successfully lifted my planed warm up set of 150kg but when I got to my first work set of 162.5kg the bar did not even move.

So I did not complete a official lift for the CFT. But if you include my warm up deadlift my total for the day was 407.5kg. 2.5kg better than my last try which is something I guess.

Other news from the gym was very positive. My girlfriend lifted less than last time, I put this down to her getting used to the lower bar squat position, but she did end 10kg to her dead lift. Doug squatted 5kg less but he add 10kg to his press he also added 10kg to his Deadlift to make it 200kg. Doug is the first person to deadlift 200kg and the first person to have a total of over 1000 pounds.

One other girl added 30kg to previous total. So in all it was a successful day in the gym for everyone but me. There is always next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment