Competition is good

On Sunday I focused on building on my previous PR and increasing my squat weight to 142.5kg, I wrote up my workout on the board including warm up sets and everything was ready to go, well that was until Doug showed up. Doug is one of my training partners for my crossfit workouts and a long time gym junkie. Been a regular at the gym since before we started the crossfit program he has always been stronger than I and holds the highest CFT in our gym.

Squat: So i went through my regular workout sets and did my first set of 142.5kg. Doug being the man he is then increased the weight to 145kg. Not to be out done I put 147.5 on the bar and completed a set, at this time I was very pleased with my progress until Doug increased the weight once again to 150kg. Lucky for me Doug only had three reps in him. I got under the bar and gave it my best and completed 5 reps. After looking at the video I am have to work on depth but overall I am very happy with the effort.


Here is the Video of the lift. Overall I am very happy with the bar speed and path so will continue to work on depth before increase weight again.

Press: Doug again went first. He completed a set of 80kg. I gave it my best and managed to push out 2 reps. As on previous workouts it was my right shoulder is still limiting what i can lift. To help compensate for this was cranking my head to the left, Doug being very observant insisted I put the bar down before straining my neck. I dropped back down to 70kg to complete.

Power clean: Not much left in the tank. I played around first with 80kg and then dropped back to 60kg to complete.

1 comments:

At January 14, 2009 at 2:54 AM The Infidel said...

Wow dude, you are pretty damn strong! To answer your yoga question, I usually do Ashtanga yoga, which has an equal focus on flexibility and strength. I also follow a couple DVD routines (my favorite is the Power Yoga series by Rodney Yee, which I found on Amazon.com). Keep it up and I'll let you know soon enough if more strength workouts are really beneficial.

 

Post a Comment