No more in the tank

Last week we received our new Concept2 rowing machine. The gym now has two model D machines. To start our workout off on Sunday under Dougs suggestion we did a 4x500m row relay. Teams were of two people and it was brutal. My first leg of 500m went well with a time of 1:40 but after that there was nothing left. When we hit the WOD for the day there was no way I was going to completed it, my legs were smashed.

I think with rowing warm up drills that would have been enough for a WOD. But there was still more to come.

Sundays WOD was
5 Rounds with 60kg weight
15 Deadlift
12 Hang Powercleans
9 Front squats
6 Push jerks.

I only managed two rounds and that was with missing the second set of front squats, I just did not have the control in my legs.

Overall it was a great plan for a work out but it looked much better on paper than reality.

Well done to the girls as they completed the workout Shaza with 40kg on the bar.

Doug will be away this week and i might use this opportunity to rest up both today and tomorrow and get back into it with the 3x5 on Wednesday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment