It has been a while since I have posted. Really have not had that much to write about. I am still working on the x8 program. For the squat i am only doing 1x8, that is enough for now. I have set a new PB for deadlift so that makes me happy.

Sunday 6th

Did not get out to the shed with the group due to family commitments. When I did get to the shed Just did some presses and rack pulls.

Press: I did 3x8 at 50kg, these x8 eights really suck.

Rack Pull:
Had a tender knee from the three hour karate class the day before. Didn't really feel comfortable putting the joint through the full range of movement for the Squat. I managed to load the bar up to 202.5kg. the bar i was using was a 22.5 bar. Any way, did 5x1. This has to be one of the best abb workouts ever. Come Tuesday my lower stomach was killing me. I am going to do more of these as the weeks go on.

Wednesday
Had another good session with the guys. Two gym records were beaten but unfortunately neither were buy myself. A new guy that we have working out with Brendon set a 500m time of 125kg and pulled 210kg off the floor. Fortunately I did post a new Pd for the Deadlift.

Squat: As stated before I have been just doing 1x8 for the squat. This not that hard to complete and I am ready to increase by 5kg, I just do not have a second set in me.

Deadlift: After watching some impressive DL from pete i decided to give all i had. Pete hit a new Pb of 130kg. My work sets were 8x60, 8x100, 5x120, 1x160 and 1x170kg. And the weird thing is it felts quite easy and I look forward next week at attempting 180kg. My in ability to achieve a good DL is more psychological than any thing else. I can think of any other reason for the discrepantly between my 1RM squat and DL. I think that the Rack pulls really helped me get over both the mental and physical stopping ponts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment