Burn, deep burn.

Good session last night, 8 rep sets are still knocking me around. I am getting more of a burn but feeling less fatigued. This is maybe why I thought I had a new PB for deads in me. I tried 170kg but unfortunately failed.

Squats: Work set was 2x8 @ 120kg. I am surprised the difference in fatigue/burn feeling.

Bench: 2x8 @ 110kg. Just 10kg off my squat weight. But then I don't have to push my 140kg frame on the bench. Bloody hard work but felt good. With the second set I tried a different foot position. I tried bringing my feet more underneath my body and having only the ball of the foot on the ground. I found that this helped create more back arch and I felt more push from my leg in the lift. The only problem was that reps 6-8 I felt my hamstring on the verge of cramping.

Dead: Just worked up with the group through 60 – 100kg. As stated before I felt I had a lot in me so went straight to do a one rep max. With 170kg I managed to get the bar to the knee sticking point. Honestly I think I just didn't set up properly and lifted to much arse. Had a second attempt but my lower back said no.

0 comments:

Post a Comment