Good to be back

Great to be back under the bar. Last night work out was a killer. It also took me a while to get through. Squats were hard but rewarding.

Started off pressing with 65 for the first set, thought it was to easy and went up to 70 for the second, mistake, I got through the second set but there was just no way I had it in me for the third set so finished with push presses. I will record that as a 65. Might go up to 67.5 for the next weeks work set. What is amazing is 70kg was my previous 1rm. It good to be a beginner and make these large gains. long way off catching up to my nemesis but I am on my way.

Power cleans were fun at 80. Bit of competition starting from the new guy in the gym so I am really going to have to work on form. Cant let these young fellers catch up.

3x5 Squat 135
3x5 Press 65
5x3 P.Clean 70

1 comments:

At December 4, 2008 at 1:42 PM Nicholas J. Brown said...

Nothing wrong with a bit of healthy competition :)

... don't worry, I think my legs need to be twice as thick as what they are now before I can even think about challenging you.

 

Post a Comment