First 2000m Row

This morning the workout was to be Elizabeth. But after the time it took to install the new chin up bar my workout partner and I decided to have a row challenge. Doug's previous best was 9.06 and I have never rowed that distance.

Over 500m I give Doug quite a beating with our times being 1:37 to Dougs 1:54. I really didn't think that it would give me an advantage over the full distance due to my lack of overall fitness.. But I was surprised. Doug went up first, he regulars does this distance at his works gym. This morning after a strong effort he beet his previous PB and set the time of 8:44. Calculating that all i needed to beat doug is 2:10 / 500m I sat down to give it my all. I actually found my pace sat much better at 2:00 / 500m and ended up recording a 8:02, not bad for my first go.

I will endeavour to hit the 2000km at least twice a week. A good friend of mine like to keep his pace to 7:40. Shaving the extra 5sec / 500m is going to be fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment