Bloody Buck

Last night i hit the power rack again. Squats went well but I am unsure if I can increase again with the next work out, I will give it a go even if it has to be by 2.5kg. Felt strong with the first set of presses but during the second set I twinged my shoulder. I took it easy and moved on to power cleans. Again, these weren't the best for my shoulder so I only did three sets. I have been focusing on the second pull and my work weight was my previous 1rm weight, Cant weight to smash the 1rm later in the month.

This morning Doug and I did some snatch work. With the shoulder still a bit tender we took it easy. I moved up slowly with the weights as this is the first time of attempting heaver lifts. Doug who has a lot more experience with Olympic lifts made sure that he only just beat me on each attempt. Remember, you dont have to be fast than the lion, just faster than the other guy.

Now for the shoulder, for this I blame a good friend of mine, Buck. Buck dislocated my AC joint a few years back, he thought crash tackling me from behind was a good idea. And it would have been bloody funny if my arms wernt held in. My right shoulder just speared into the ground. There is video footage around, and I do squeal like a stuck pig when I hit the ground. I dont know if this is actually related to the discomfort but I will put the blame in him any way.

3x5 squat 125kg
2x5 press 65kg
3x3 P.clean 70kg

0 comments:

Post a Comment