Tale of the tape

Today was a good session, Only did one set of 145kg. Still having a problem with the rolling of the bar.

Next we did some plyometrics with box jumps. The exercise was to just see max height, this was done by adding a plate after every successful jump to the box. I only managed the box plus 3 of the larger blue plates. Doug did a stellar job keeping up with the taller group. The winner of the event was young Winners, took Nick by one plate.



Next came the main event, The Sled. I have been dying to use the new sled for a couple of weeks. I was originally just going to add 25kg but with the machismo we upped that to 100kg. We did a couple of stages, some 50m and 25m sprints. Credit has to be given to young Mick, with the sled weighing 30kg more than him. Even with his strong start it took him determination and towards the end him on his hands and knees to finish. Bloody motivational stuff.

For the final timed event we dropped the sled to 75kg and did a single 50m. I blitz the others but that was kind of expected with my extra weight. It was also good to see old man Geoff show those young whipper snappers whats what.

I have just done some measurements. I am not sure of the results and will get my girl to re do them later in the week. The result that i was the most surprised and there for suspicious of was the thigh measurement. It showed me loosing 4cm off my thigh. I know that i am not squatting as before but this is a little unbelievable.

Other measurements were chest +5cm and waist -1cm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment