Grace Off

On Friday I was given a challenge. Doug wanted to go toe to toe on grace. Grace has to be one of the most enjoyable workouts that I have encounted since beginning Crossfit. The workout went.

This time I actually thought about my approach to the work out.

First, I was going to focus on racking the bar well on my shoulders to take some pressure off my arms and utilises more leg in the push.

Second, was to pace the work out. 30 reps, one every 6 seconds would equal 3minutes. 10 a minute.

Three, Dont expend to much energy trying to control the decent.

I managed to keep the above pace for both the first minute and the last 10 was done in 45 seconds. It was the middle ten reps that let me down. For the first 10 I talked out aloud to keep me focused. The second ten was when the breathing became a little harder and I was un able to track my progress mentally. The last 10 I just went hell for leather.

Overall it was a hard work out but I believe that I had more in the tank as I finished the last 5 reps almost continues.

So time 3:45. 33 seconds off my last grace and more importantly I kicked Doug's arse.

Next time I am going to attempt to average one every 5 seconds. I might also have them in groups of three to save time resetting the bar.

1 comments:

At April 20, 2009 at 2:38 PM Doug said...

You sure it was 3.45. I thought it was quicker than that.

Regardless, enjoy your victory while you can. Next time im bring the thunder, a cool 3 minutes!

And you better beat me in the total on Wednesday!

 

Post a Comment